Tuesday 5 February 2008

5 things you don't know about me, yet...

Hello dear all,

Here are the 5 things you still do not knwo about me:
First of all I must confess I love the place where I live, Misiones Province, very much. I could never live anywhere else, or I would miss it a lot. I love its geographical features, it's hilly and full of sub-tropical vegetation. Iguazú Waterfalls is just a bit of the whole nature around. The province is criss-crossed with streams, creeks, and rivers. Nature is exhuberant here, full of inspiring visions for painters and artists... and visitors from all over the globe.
The woods and forest create a wonderfull environment for different animals, birds, monkeys, jaguaretes, snakes, fish, and so on. Just to show you one of them, here's a photo of a tucan for you all.

We all love animals, in the family. We always have pets around, though now we just have a cat. up tonow we have had a toucan, a parrot, two hamsters, a guinea pig, five gold fish, three dogs, two canaries....

Here's where my ancestors migrated in 1911. My surname is of Swedish origin: Prytz Nilsson. You know why I have double surnames? well, it comes with the evolution of women's rights....When my great grand-mother re-married, after becoming a widow, her five children lost their father's name to take their step father's. Yes, believe or not, from being Prytz they turned into Nilsson. Well, when Einar, my grand father came on age he wrote a letter from Argentina to the king of Sweden asking for permision to go back to his original family name and he got the answer, he was allowed to sign Prytz Nilsson. But yu know, he was the only member of the family who made that request, so we are the only Prytz Nilsson in the world....

Derived from my family tradition, I like embroidering and specially cross- stitching. My great grand mother and grand mother belonged to a women's circle of the Lutheran church, who met every Saturday for reading, chatting and embroidering. Well, that's another thing you did not know about me...

And the last thing is that I guess I'm a slow learner of digital citizenship. I feel I'm coming late to this new era... I start searching for the sites you suggest and it takes me ages to read, understand and apply...I'm lost in this huge, new, brave world... But, there's a but with expectations, too. I do hope I'll be able to overcome this morose way, little by little....never lose hopes....

Dear all, I think I've completed this task for today! See your feed backs later on...

Here's a short video for sharing: parrots from a birds park in Misiones (taken with my cel-phone)

2 comments:

Mary H said...

Hi Vicky,
It is great to learn more about you: your love of art, animals, cross-stitching, and learning new things! You are such a creative and interesting person. Keep blogging and sharing with us, and don't forget to tag your post "b4echallenge"!
Hugs,
MaryH

Maria Martha Espindola said...

Hi, dear Vicky!
How hice to have the opportunity of re reading your words amd the origin of your family name.
You are such an awesome person!
I admire your stamina más Tour determination as well as your humility and preparation. You are so hardworking!
I hope hoy van go on writing in your Waterblog which, by the way, bears a mame that is so closely related to our hometown environment
Walter, rainforests, greens and redish_brown sois...that's what we are made of.

Cheers!